Give Thanks

Each day I try to set aside some time to reflect and give thanks.  Some days my attitude is pretty negative and remembering how fortunate I am helps put things in perspective.  Sure, there are days that I don't get around to it, and even days when I plain don't feel like doing it, but this time of year it seems almost impossible to forget.  The holiday season is in full swing and my favorite holiday of all, Thanksgiving, is today.

I love the time spent with family; the laughs, the food, the memories, and that there is little consumerism tied to this holiday.  Sure there is a lot of food advertisements and a few turkey decorations, but nothing like the bombardment of Christmas.  Today is about giving thanks, not gifts.  Being grateful for what you have, not what you want. and boy, do I have A LOT to be thankful for.

This year I have been blessed not only with a gorgeous baby boy, but with an entirely new outlook on life.  Looking into Caches' sparkling eyes, so full of wonderment and joy gives me a deeper appreciation for my family and a love for my husband so strong it overwhelms my heart. 

Today I am thankful for far too much to list so I will simply say this, "My cup runneth over."  And yes, I kinda wish it was with booze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

Wanderlust