June

I can't believe it is already June.  Similar to my marriage, this pregnancy feels like it has both flown by and been around FOREVER.  I find myself looking back to October and reminiscing about all the emotions that flooded my mind upon finding out we were having a baby.  Well, they are coming back.

I am both elated and terrified.  Reassuring myself that everything is going to be OK and trying to stop my mind from thinking the baby is going to die at any moment.  I am looking ahead with excitement but also wishing I had more time to prepare.  Prepare for what you might ask?  I have absolutely no idea, but I need time!  Of course I'd prefer this extra time to have come at the beginning of the pregnancy when I could lay down without suffocating on my own girth, but beggars can't be choosers.

Speaking of, I once had a bum?  homeless man?  person who doesn't shower? vagrant?  Whatever one is the most politically correct, ask me for a cigarette and when I offered him one he turned it down stating that he didn't smoke that brand.  Are you kidding me?  I felt so offended, rejected even!

Cigarettes aside, this whole baby thing is about to get REAL.  I, me, this crazy lady who blogs about dog vomit and self-tanner on buttholes, and who finds it difficult to describe anger without using the F word or caps lock is about to have a baby.  And there is NO STOPPING IT.

I suppose I could be like that woman in India that had a petrified baby in her stomach her entire life but I have a feeling someone would notice. Most things in life you can postpone but this kid is coming out no matter what.  There is no turning back, no changing my mind, no pushing the date back, no crossing my legs.  This baby is coming, ready or not!

So, am I ready or not? 

Depends on the hour

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear