A Father

Each and every day Ryan does little things that reassure me he is going to be an amazing father.  I won't go into to much detail, I want him to keep at least a little street cred. with is friends, but I will tell you just a few of the things that have made my heart swell with love for him over the years.

When Georgia, the now infamous bulimic cat was much younger, she decided to rebel and not come home one night.  Ryan stayed up ALL NIGHT walking up and down the neighborhood streets calling her name, looking in AND climbing up trees, desperately trying to find our kitty.  Of course she sauntered in the kitty door all casual like later that morning but I know in my heart he would never have stopped looking.



When Abner was sick this Christmas and when he hurt his back this Spring, god that dog is high maintenance, Ryan held him all night in the precise position that he was most comfortable...the dog NOT Ryan.  I'm pretty sure his own back hurt for days after but comforting his baby pup was more important.  He also spent two nights sleeping on the floor in the nest I created for Abner just to be sure he was OK through the night.



Ryan had Lilly before I met him and Lilly had Ryan from the moment they met.  One night she got a spider bite and Ryan awoke to a hive covered dog.  He panicked and rushed her to the emergency vet, busting through the front door in Sally Field, "GIVE MY DAUGHTER HER SHOT" fashion and was greeted by a very calm nurse suggesting that all she needed was a bit of antihistamine.  He now knows a benadryl is far cheaper.
When he talks about having a baby, the amount of love in his voice is overwhelming.  I know that neither one of us has any idea what we are in for and it is not going to be easy, but I have to think that having Ryan for my partner somehow cancels out at least 47% of my crazy leaving the baby with a 53% chance of normalcy.



You know how you see some women with their children and just know that they were made to be mothers.  Well I think Ryan was made to be a father and I can't wait to see him with is first born child.  Well, human child.

Happy Father's Day, my love...
Still have about 10% of that street cred.


...now 5%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear