Kitty goes for a swim

Admittedly, Ryan is not a cat person.  He doesn't care for their flippant attitude, mood swings, or dirty looks; why he married me then is a complete mystery, but I digress. 

A few months into our relationship I brought up the idea of getting a kitten.  It would have to live at his house because I couldn't have pets at my place, but I thought it would be a nice addition.  And because I hadn't ruined Lilly's life enough on my own. 

Over the next few weeks I searched obsessively every day on the kitty rescue website we did some research and found a kitty that seemed perfect.  She was rescued along with her siblings and was one of the last ones that still needed a home.   I visited her before agreeing to adopt her and when she crawled in my sweatshirt, up on my head and down my leg I knew she was the one. 

She and her attitude settled right in.

About a month later we made the brilliant decision to take a trip down to Santa Barbara with Lilly and the new kitten in tow.  4 and a half hours in the car with a kitten sleeping on your head, scratching your neck and trying to kill you by jumping under the break peddle sure seamed like fun; DAMN we are intelligent. 

Many memories and fun adventures were had on this now infamous trip. Some of which I plan to share in the future and one that I can't believe I haven't shared yet. 

Seriously guys, it is funny.

We are all in the living room watching TV when Ryan gets up to go to the bathroom.  I think noting of it, but Georgia follows him; of course, because he may be doing something fun like capturing live mice or getting her a feather.  All of a sudden I hear Ryan yell, "NOOOOO!" and call for me to come into the bathroom.  Assuming on the of live mice ran up his pant leg, I get up and round the corner to see him holding Georgia by the scruff of her neck, a disturbed look on his face.

Me: "What happened?"

Ryan: "She was sitting on the counter while I was peeing and she chased my pee into the toilet!"

Me: "She chased your pee?"

Ryan: "YES, jumped into my pee stream!  Fell into the toilet!  Here, take her"

Oh yes, just what I want to hold, a kitten covered in urine. 

It took Georgia a matter of moments and Ryan a few hours to recover from the situation, but it still get a kick out of the whole thing.  It was our first proof that she was the perfect fit for our family, another nut for the trail mix.  Her unwillingness to drink out of anything but the shower, excessive drooling while being pet and fondness for hiding around corners only to jump out to scare the dogs is just icing on the cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear