A Real Pain in the Neck (Part 1)

After a wonderful Christmas we decided it would be equally wonderful to go get messages from the little place down the street.  Relaxing music, dim lights, oils.  NO.  It is one big open room, nobody speaks English and the therapisist chit chat with one another the entire time.  But it is only $19 for 40 minutes and they do one hell of a job on your knots.

Ryan and Shannon got full body massages while I opted for a chair massage as I still have a hard time laying on my huge sore boobs stomach.  The first 30 minutes were pure bliss.  He was working on my shoulders and getting all the kinks out when suddenly I felt a bit sick.  I know that sometimes when you get massaged they release a lot of toxins so I figured that is what it was and tried to relax. 

Still feeling sick a few moments later, I asked the therapist to stop for a second and that is all I remember. 

Everything went black.

I woke up about a minute later to Ryan holding me up and rubbing my back, a terrified look in his eyes. 

Ryan: "Are you OK?  You passed out.  How do you feel."

Me: "Stop rubbing my back.  Um, I think I am OK. What happened?"

Ryan explained to me that he heard my therapist's voice call to his and it sounded urgent so he looked up and saw him holding me, my eyes rolled back in my head.  He jumped up and started talking to me just as Shannon realized what was going on and started yelling for 911 and a fucking phone. 

Me: "Did I pee?"

Ryan: "Yes."

Me: "Who the fuck pees their pants?"

We share a little laugh, get a towel and I sit down for a few minutes trying to stop my head from spinning and hold down the strawberry yogurt vomit.  Ryan calls the Doctor who laughs, yes LAUGHS, and explains that there is no way it could have hurt the baby and I would be fine in a few hours.

Apparently there is a nerve that runs down your neck and during pregnancy it is extra sensitive.  Stimulating this nerve can cause women to pass out, pee their pants and feel like a giant toddler carrying around a plastic bag full of pee pee pants.

None, not ONE of my books says anything about a peeing nerve thankyouverymuch! 

The rest of the day I was white as a ghost, nauseous and worried that I somehow hurt the baby.  I thought, "All I need is a good nights sleep and I will be fine Monday morning."

I thought wrong

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear