Let's Chat About Poop

No, this isn't a post about the challenges of pooping while pregnant, nor is it a post about how much of my daily life is devoted to picking up poop, wiping Abner's ass after he poops or finding tiny nuggets of poop in Lilly's bed because god forbid she go out and be eaten by the boogie man. This is about how others in our neighborhood view dog poop.

The fact is if you have a dog and you walk it, it will inevitably poop in someones yard.  There is absolutely no way around this.  Some say you should make your dog empty their bladder and bowels before a walk to avoid this, but I am here to tell you that that is completely unrealistic.  My dogs poop and pee before we leave for a walk and 99% of the time they will each go again while we are walking.  I cannot control this.  They are dogs.  Dogs like poop on grass.  Dogs mark with pee pee.  End of story.

 That being said, I believe it is 100% MY responsibility as a dog owner to pick up any poop that is deposited on anyone elses lawn.  I once had to carry a steaming pile of Lilly shit with a magnolia leaf because I forgot a bag, but hey, it's par for the course if you have a dog.  As for the pee pee, sorry, there is nothing I can do.  But I am amazed at how many people leave their dogs poop behind!  It truly blows my mind.  Just today I must have spotted 10-15 piles of poop on neighbors lawns and on the sidewalk!!  And while I agree that it is rude and disgusting to have other peoples dog poop on your lawn, I do not, will not an can not support the no pooping signs!

I would honestly rather come home to an occasional pile of poop on my lawn than be greeted each and every morning by this sign


 Or perhaps this little beauty that my neighbor has on her lawn.


I'm sorry, but having to see a wooden cut out of a dog taking a shit every time I look out my window does not appeal to me.  Plus, do you really think that having these signs on your lawn stops people from letting their dogs poop or motivates them to pick it up?  I mean the dog is smiling. 

If you are the kind of person that doesn't pick up your dogs poop to begin with, then I highly doubt you are the kind of person that gives a damn about whether or not your neighbor wants your dog pooping on their lawn in the first place.  I happen to be the kind of person who does pick up my dogs poop, but there is something about these signs that makes even me want to leave it behind just for the sake of irony.

My poor neighbor who has not one, but TWO no dog pooping signs on her lawn ALWAYS has dog poop left behind.  THE SIGN IS NOT WORKING.  In fact I think it is encouraging dogs to poop.  They see the nice wooden doggy doing it and figure hey, why not me.  And while I do feel bad for her, I just have to laugh when I walk by and see a pile.  I just imagine her coming home from the store, throwing open the door and yelling, "Honey, get out to the workshop and make me another sign!  Bigger this time!"

I suppose if she gets really desperate she can always call this guy:



He left this beautiful flyer taped to our front door last night.  Nothing like walking out your front door to a steaming pile of dog shit.  Was the visual really necessary?  And how did you get your dog to poop in the exact shape of soft serve yogurt?  I kind of want to call him and be like, dude, it is much more appealing to show a picture of a nice clean yard.  We all know what poop looks like.  But hey, at least he's out there trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear