"I Want My Milk, I Want My Milk"

A phrase started by my dear friend Suzanne, I now use it mockingly when people are being giant toddlers and complaining.  An actuate description of me at the moment, so excuse me while I have a little rant.

I always knew I wasn't going to run out and buy maternity clothes the second my jeans felt tight.  If that was the case I'd have been buying maternity clothes for years.  Sometimes ice cream is my friend and other times it is my very existence.

So now that my jeans are quite literally cutting off my circulation and have Ryan questioning at what point can tight clothes damage the baby, I am considering purchasing some maternity clothes.  Why the resistance all these weeks?  Quite frankly, I don't want to spend the money.

I feel like if it has to do with weddings or babies they mark it up 50%.  If you want flowers for your birthday they are 30 bucks, a wedding 60.  A basic white t-shirt, about 8 dollars, maternity, 20!  I don't even spend 20 dollars on a shirt I can wear all the time, let alone one I will only fit into for a few months!

Jeans are another story.  I have paid 200 dollars for a pair of jeans that fit well, wash well, and will last me 5+ years but 200 dollars for something I can only wear for 4 months seems ludicrous.  I know that I just said the same thing two different ways, but I was reiterating.

Now, to be fair, there are some maternity clothes that are reasonably priced but do you really think I would be caught dead in this.


 Good god I can't even believe they make it let alone women buy it AND it has a 5 star rating.  That means they love it! 

Something like this is much more my style but guess what it is 100 dollars, for a shirt, one hundred dollars!


 
 Why oh why must I have expensive taste?  Usually when I see a designer item that I like I research it and find a knock off that is way cheaper; but at the moment time is of the essence.  I don't want to be on my way out the door to the hospital and be like yes, UPS is here with my maternity shirt!

Comments

  1. Come to Fresno. I'll take you to Destination Maternity at River Park. The back part of the store is their Motherhood Maternity and they have really affordable jeans and sometimes some cute shirts. But good jeans for sure. Plus, once you start wearing maternity jeans, you are going to ask yourself why haven't you for your whole life. They are the most comfortable thing in the world!
    Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make a trip to Fresno and visit everyone. This gives me a good excuse!
    Miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear