Toddler problems

At breakfast...

"Are you all done with your peach, Cache?"

"Yesh"

I walk over to the trash can and drop in the remaining pieces from his plate into the bin.

"NOOOOOOO!!!"

"What's wrong?"

Now running to the bin with such enthusiasm that you'd think I'd thrown away his very soul.

"Oh, you weren't all done with your peach?"

"NO!" As he is opening up the trash trying to dig out the juicy pieces mixed with coffee grounds and god knows what else.

"Cache,  I will get you a new peach.  Once something is in the trash, it stays in the trash."  A statement I make at least 8 times a day.

"I need dat, I neeeed dat!"  And he cries as he continues to try to dig the peach out.

"We don't eat from the trash can (also said multiple times a day).  Mama will get you a new peach."

"NO!  I need dat, I need dat!"  With the saddest cry EVER!

"Okay baby, you go sit at the table and mama will get your peach out of the trash for you.  Go sit, now close your eyes."  I grab a new peach and cut that thing open in one second flat, carving out two new pieces.  "Keep closing your eyes, I almost got it."  He sits whimpering, "pech, pech"

Feeling rather victorious I say, "Here you go.  Mama got your peach out and cleaned it off for you." 

"I no want dat."  And walks away to play with some blocks. 

Of course you don't...

"No eat out tash, mama."

...and then I changed my name and ran away





Comments

  1. Soooo, tell me - what kind of "blacks" does Caches play with, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also, toddlers are shitheads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! It took me three times of proof reading to catch what you were talking about. Also, total shitheads!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right