Can You Repeat That, Please

I am opening this post with a disclaimer.  You may be offended by what I have to say right now so if you are easily offended then skip this one.

Being pregnant means more than mood swings, food cravings and feeling fat.  It also means you have to be on the phone with the insurance company ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

There is not much in this world that I hate more than touch pad menus or speaking into the phone to a computer.  I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT.

I dread doing it so I put it off and then finally when my anxiety peeks I make the call and after 20 seconds I'm already pissed because they didn't understand my "no" and can I repeat it AGAIN.  UHHHH!

Then, after already being pissed off and almost throwing my phone against the wall a few times, I finally get to talk to a real person, only this person has a thick accent and I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ONE DAMN THING THEY ARE SAYING.

It makes my blood boil just thinking about how infuriating it is.  I have no problem with accents under normal circumstances; I really like them as a matter of fact, but I can't for the life of me understand why they are giving customer service.  Maybe it is discriminating not to hire someone because of their accent, but when being able to understand someone's voice clearly is part of the job description, then I say DISCRIMINATE!  

"Can I have your member number?"

"Sure it is ........"

"3?"

"No, B"

"OK mam, 3"

"No, B as in this is bullshit"

"Brisket?"

"Yeah, brisket, I said brisket"

By this time I'm done and I'm pretty sure that I'm breaking out in a rash.  This can't be healthy.

My question is answered and all I want to do is hang up and scream obscenities while throwing the phone down and pouting but no.....do you want to take a survey?  Can I help you with anything else?  Did I answer your question?

Please just let me get off of the phone, I'm begging you!  I'd rather hear Ryan's windshield wipers click and swipe for an hour than make one more flippin' phone call the the insurance company!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear