OMG, TTC, BFP, DH & DD

Since discovering I was pregnant, I have spent some time reading different community boards.  I actually have no idea what they are technically called, but it is like a big question and answer center with thousands of expectant moms, experienced moms, bitchy moms, drama moms, know it all moms, etc.

I first went to these boards because I was terrified of having a miscarriage and wanted to read all the information I could about everyone's experiences.   I wanted to know if their symptoms matched up with mine, if they were experiencing the same fears and how they were dealing with it. 

At first I found it to be somewhat therapeutic, "oh thank god, she got out of breath going up ONE flight of stairs too." But after a while I found the message boards to be downright annoying.

The most annoying part, aside from people making judgments about others OVER THE INTERNET, and something I overlooked in the beginning because, well, I was desperate, is the use of abbreviations.  At first I was like what the fuck are these ladies saying to each other?  My DH and my DD went to the SM to buy a HPT and I got a BFP and it was so exciting that I LOL'ed.


Seriously?  That is your sentence?  What am I supposed to do with that?  Is there some kind of internet mom language that I am supposed to know how to read?  Do I need to buy a companion book for this website?

Oh no, no need, the websites have a special reference page that tells you what everything means.  Are you kidding me?  DH is dear husband, DD is dear daughter, HPT is home pregnancy test, BFP is big fat positive on said test and holy shit there are like 300 more!  It is absolutely ridiculous.

Now, I know that if one of these moms read this blog I would probably be shunned forever, never to read their precious message boards again, but I have to get if off my chest.  Ladies, and I'm not saying every one, but a lot of you are on these boards for HOURS each day.  Posting away and giving lovely advice but if you have hours to spend on the internet then clearly you have plenty of time to WRITE OUT THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORD YOU ARE TYPING AND NOT USE ABBREVIATIONS.

Thank you, and I will totally continue to stalk the boards when I am rattled that only my left boob stopped throbbing in pain today.

Comments

  1. Thank you!! I've been reading these boards too since I found out I am pregnant and the obnoxious abbreviations annoy the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right