Ryan Too, is Lucky He's Cute

A few weeks ago we did some major furniture juggling around our house.  Well, I watched, pointed, nagged and made concerned faces, but someone's got to.  Anyway, our old den/TV room is now our bedroom, our old bedroom is now an empty room that will become a nursery and our living room is now actually going to be our living room.

During the move Ryan questioned where to put the elliptical machine.  For a while we thought about moving all of our workout equipment to the basement but decided against it.  And when I say "all", I mean one machine a few weights and a yoga mat, not like we have a gym here, but I have gotten used to having the elliptical machine in the office/guestroom.  It is nice that I see it every day so I am reminded to use it.

Well, Ryan doesn't really love the elliptical in the office/guestroom so I asked him where he would suggest we put it. 

He suggested we put it in the baby's room. 

Me: "The baby room?  Whey the hell would we put the elliptical machine in the baby's room? "

Ryan: "You know, for motivation.  Like you go into the baby's room and it motivates you to loose the baby weight."

Me: "You have got to be fucking kidding me, right?"

Ryan: "No babe, it's brilliant.  And when the baby is napping you can workout and check on it at the same time."

I am speechless.  I know he is kind of joking but the glimmer in his eyes tells me that he is actually kind of serious. 

I don't know whether to smack him or give him props for a good idea.  I still haven't decided quite how I feel about the suggestion.  I mean, I do want to loose baby weight quickly, and the elliptical is how I plan on doing it at first, and I am slightly obsessive and like to watch babies and dogs while they sleep just to make sure they don't spontaniously stop breathing. 

Am I the crazy one?

Either way it has become quite the joke around here, particularly because this was said in front of my brother who thought the idea was absolutely the most brilliant and hilarious thing he'd heard all year. 

I'll smack them both and eat some cookies.  I can work them off later...in the baby's room

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right