When Brilliance Backfires

A few years back when Ryan and I were living separately in Fresno, he told me he was going to use his day off to clean his entire house and do yard work.  Sounds good to me.  Later that day I arrived to his house and found him eager to show me his handy work. 

He scrubbed the bathroom, mowed the lawn, planted flowers, dusted, vacuumed and FINALLY got that pesky pet hair out from behind the hot water heater on the porch.  How did he get the pesky pet hair out you might ask? 

I did.

A huge grin spread across his face.  "I used the leaf blower and blew out the whole kitchen and porch, even behind the oven!"  Wow, I didn't see that one coming.  I took it all in for a moment and to be honest, while I was a bit taken a back to his method, you have to admit it was a pretty clever idea.

The next morning Ryan woke up and headed to the shower before work.  I heard the water come on and then I heard a little scream, kind of like the noise a girl makes when you tickle her. The bathroom door flew open.

Ryan: "The water is freezing.  It won't get warm."

Me: "Um, I'm sorry.  Maybe it just needs more time to warm up."

Ryan: "No, something is wrong." and walks into the kitchen

"SHIT!"

Me: "What's wrong."

Ryan: "While I was blowing out the kitchen I accidentally blew out the pilot light on the hot water heater." 

Trying to control my laughter and be kind about the situation..."Maybe a cold shower will do you good, wake you up, get you ready to start the day."

All I got was a glare. 

If this happened now I'd totally laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right