He's a Special One

Recently I purchased a gorgeous quilt from Anthropologie without reading the care instructions.  This sort of thing happens when said quilt is 65% off, who cares how to wash it, I'll beat it with a rock in the river!  Well, turns out that it is dry clean only which means that it, along with my beautiful and 75% off winter coat, will be dirty. 

It is no secret that we love our dogs and while they do not sleep with us at night, they are welcome to come up and hang out while we read or watch TV before bed or in the morning.  This means that a lot of dog fur and the occasional dirty paw print end up on the comforter.

No problem when it was a basic white duvet that I washed once a week, but big problem with a beautiful multi-colored dry clean only quilt.  To resolve this issue I turn down the quilt whenever the dogs are on the bed, but Ryan didn't get the memo. So, last night when we were getting ready for bed and I tell him that the quilt is dry clean only and won't fit in our washer so if he would please turn it down and not let the dogs lay on it I would appreciate it.

Ryan: "Why would you get a dry clean only quilt?"

Me: "I didn't read the label, it was on sale and it was pretty.  Sometimes pretty things aren't logical, babe."

Ryan: "I know, I'm married to you!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear