I'll Just Put it On My To-Do List

As you know from previous posting, Abner has herniated a disc in his back, eaten random shit and ended up in emergency, chewed up countless objects, suffered from anaphylactic shock when receiving vaccines, thrown up on my bed,  and gotten shit stains on both my arms and my shirt.  Quite frankly, I think he owes me a drink, a pitcher.

And as if all that wasn't enough, I received a call from the vet today to check how Abner was doing and to discuss his x-rays further.  Apparently our vet had a radiologist review his films for a second opinion and while his spine looked fine, he did notice some pulmonary congestion.

Immediately I assume he has some kind of lung disease and is going to die any minute.  My heart dropped, I grew another patch of gray hair and I felt the vomit and tears welling up inside.

Luckily he assured me that this was minor, probably long gone by now and likely caused by the stress of hurting his back, vomiting and sniffing some of it back up or sniffing anything that he shouldn't be sniffing like, you know, his sisters ass.

So now not only do I need to be careful of his back but I am supposed to start listening to his lungs a few times a week so that I can note any differences or possible congestion.  I swear this dog alone is a part time job.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine who wants to get a dog and I were discussing the pros and cons when she looked at Lilly and said, "You know, research shows that people with dogs are happier and live longer lives than those without."  "Really?"  I replied, "because mine kill me a little bit every. single. day."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

Wanderlust