Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Who the hell kidnapped my FINALLY somewhat pleasant child and replaced him with pure evil in a really cute outfit!?

Oh my GOD is this kid grumpy!

We made it through the first 4.5 months of hellish screaming all day due to reflux and colic but with all of that finally under control he was becoming only mildly unpleasant to be around.  In fact,  the past few weeks he was even dare I say, a HAPPY BABY!

Well that lasted all of a week and a couple of teeth and a little bug had to come along and fuck everything up!  Again I am sure some of you think I am being dramatic, and that a bubbly little 8 month old baby couldn't possibly be that fussy.  Well, you are wrong.  He is THAT bad, I have witnesses!

He has been so grumpy and clingy in fact, that I booked a doctors appointment for him this morning to check his ears and throat.  I hate to admit this, but I kinda secretly wished for there to be something wrong so I could give him an excuse other than worlds biggest drama king.  Turns out I was right and he seems to be fighting a virus which is probably the reason for the extra fussiness.  Of course now I feel like an asshole for wishing there was something wrong but I REALLY didn't want this to be his new personality.

And so with a little ibuprofen, A LOT of love and attention from mommy and a splash of astragalus, Caches is in the best mood he's been in all week.  Whew, I'm definitely looking forward to having my finally happy baby back, but in the mean time I'll dote on my stage five clinger and love each little head resting on my shoulder moment. 


Feel better soon, baby bird...Mama loves you so

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear