8 Months

Caches Michael,

Today you are 8 months old, and in stark contrast to your 7 month old letter, you did NOT wake up smiling today.  In fact woke up downright dreadful...ALL NIGHT LONG!  You have had a fever and a serious case of the grumpies for the past couple of days and all I can attribute it to are the two new teeth I can see peeking out from your swollen gums.  Who knew a couple of teeth could cause such a fuss!  Now, I know this teething business is tough stuff, but if you in fact what to eat all the food items you attempt to snatch out of my hand then you are going to need teeth! 



You have also been a clingy little koala bear screaming if I even so much as THINK about putting you down or handing you off.  I admit it can be trying, carrying around an almost 17 pound baby all day, but to be honest baby, I am kind of relishing in it.  For I know that soon enough you will be mobile and far to busy exploring the world around you to want your mama holding you back.



You continue to show great interest in standing and walking but absolutely no interest in crawling.  Each time you move yourself from a seated position to your hands and knees you immediately end up on your belly and pissed off at your body for not listening to your command!  I can see the wheels turning and you like the idea, but our royal highness,  you sir have NO patience.



Food continues to please you and you are now eating three full meals a day and drinking water from a sippy cup.  When I grab your little bowl and spoon you start to air chew and make the cutest num num noises smacking your lips in anticipation.  So far you have shown the same enthusiasm for every food you have been offered which is mouth wide open and excited.  Yep, you have the same love for purple kale as you do bananas and I'm sure not complaining!



Caches, 8 months later and it still amazes me that I am your mom.  Sometimes when we are looking in the mirror I see myself in you and it totally blows my mind.  You are a person!!  A person that I had a part of creating!  Do you have any idea how epic that is?  Of course you don't, but I do, and holy shit, I'm your mom! And how lucky I am to be.

Love,
  Mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear