January 17, 1981

The world forever changed on this day, 31 years ago, when my big brother was born.  Never before has there been, and never again will there be, a person quite like Nicolaus Andrew.  He is the reason I wanted a boy for my first born and am hoping for a girl next.  Because I want my daughter to have a big brother like I did. 

There is just something so special about having a brother.  You share the same life;  parents, home, heartbreak, joy, traditions.  You are together for everything.  Of course along the way you make other friends and even get married, but there is no one else on earth who has known you from the moment you were born.  No one else has shared baths and bedtime stories, bedrooms and toys.  No one else that remembers playing bug, building couch forts, falling off bikes, and getting into trouble that mom and dad never found out about. 

Playing, fighting, loving, hating.  The raging hormones and conflicts, the support and companionship.  Always knowing that I had someone on my side.  Someone who knows where I am coming from and why I am the way that I am.  Someone who is almost as crazy as I.  Yep, there really is nothing quite like a brother. 

Happy Birthday Nic No, I love you so




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right