Start the Clock

Okay, baby down. That means I have about 20 minutes to write about Christmas, minus the 3 minutes it took to warm up my coffee for the third time this morning.  What does this mean?  This post will be mostly pictures but that is what you really want to see anyway, right?  You don't care about my attempts to be clever or ironic, you just want to see the cute baby! 

Alright, you win, but I am going to at least tell how absolutely crazy we were going out of town for 5 days including 7 hours of driving and sleeping at two different houses with a baby that doesn't sleep, HATE THE CAR SEAT, and is generally unpleasant! 

The good news?  The trip was a success.  We had a chance to visit with a lot of friends and family and introduce Caches to many new loving faces.  And the car ride wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated.  I mean I was literally one blink away from breaking out in a rash for the past two weeks I was so nervous about the car ride.  Listening to him screaming and choking on saliva for 20 minutes is one thing, but 2-3 hours?  Might as well just throw me in the reservoir with concrete boots! 

The bad news?  He came down with is first cold and had a fever starting Christmas Eve and continuing until the morning after Christmas.  He was a pretty good sport, all things considered, and didn't really let the cold and mild fever phase him.  Of course he couldn't breathe out of his nose, which meant he couldn't lay flat, which meant I had to pleasure of holding him ALL night in the most uncomfortable position humanly possible.  This also meant that the past two MONTHS of tediously trying to teach him to sleep on his own went down the shitter right along with the last thread of my sanity!

But every unfortunate event has a silver lining, right?  My silver lining?  Finally getting to use the sucker thing from the hospital to suck snot out of Caches' nose!  Oh god was it fun!  He wasn't the biggest fan, but I reminded him that it was me who had to wake up ten times a night so he could breathe, me who could  NOT EAT CHRISTMAS COOKIES, and me who could very easily drop him off in our neighbors nativity scene as baby Jesus in the freezing cold!

Ah, guilt...and nose suckers











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear