If I were a boy...

No, I'm not going to sing the song, though I do LOVE that song.  I know you know that I love it and sing it at inappropriate times, but I can't help it, it's catchy.  Quite possibly the worst lyrics I have ever sang ("if I were a boy, I'd turn off my phone, tell everyone it's broken, so they'd think that I was sleeping alone" Yeah, WORST LYRICS EVER) but don't worry, I change it up and sing my own lyrics.

Anyway, that is totally not what this post is about.  This post is about if I were a boy I would be offended daily.  Not by my wife nagging me not to spill my beer (who does that!?) but by television shows AND commercials.

I am constantly complaining to Ryan about it.  I'm like babe, aren't you offended by this purex laundry sheet bull shit?  They are basically calling all men idiots, that means YOU!  Sometimes he agrees or plays along and other times I'm talking to a glassy eyed maniquen.  Hello, earth to Ryan, offensive commercial.

Problem is I find most all television comercials offensive, stupid and annoying and probably spend 10 minutes of each 30 minute show complaining about a vairety of topics like NO, MCDOLANDLS DOES NOT BRING A FAMILY TOGETHER or NO, I'M PRETTY SURE MEN KNOW HOW TO WIPE UP A FUCKING SPILL OFF OF THE COUNTER or REALLY, YOU CAN'T CUT UP A PEACH?  YOU HAVE TO BUY PRE-CUT PEACHES, YOU ARE 30 YEARS OLD, CUT UP YOUR OWN FRUIT! 

This is probably why he ignores me half of the time because, well, I'd ignore me too.  But in all honesty it does bother me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Pay attention tonight while watching your favorite show and see how many times during the show and/or the commercials men are made to look like blabbering idiots. 

I guess the real reason it bothers me is because men are NOT idiots and are quite capable of many things that women and society do not give them credit for.  For example, I'm pretty sure a man knows how to wipe up the counter if he makes a mess.  But if you watch most cleaning product commercials it is the man making the mess and the woman coming home and sighing a cute little sigh and then she cleans it up with her magic chemical potion and paper towel and then the world is right again and everyone can run out to Golden Corral and have all you can eat BBQ Ribs and cornbread. 

Sick

Also, why do most sitcoms cast beautiful, smart, physically fit women and have them married to fat, lazy idiotic men?  Is this funny?  Did someone once say let's try the combination and it worked and now it is written in some sort of sitcom manual that in order to have a successful sitcom the woman must be beautiful and the man fat and/or stupid? 

Just curious.

Men out there, you are not stupid and if you are pretending because society says it's OK, STOP IT. 

Women, men are not stupid, make them aware of that and remind them not to spill their beer, they love that sort of thing. 

Comments

  1. Ahhh Have you seen the new commercial for Axe Body Wash?? With the golf balls? If not then google it...Not ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear