Like a kid in a candy store

I know it is September, but I am going to get caught up on my August posts because I was brain dead in August, remember.  Anyway, aside from the emotional ups and downs there were some good times. One of them was the Giants game we attended. 

Up until about 2 years ago my husband did not watch baseball on television unless it was some sort of special event.  In fact, he probably didn't even watch those.   I imagine he couldn't have named 3 players on the Giants if his life depended on it.  Then I ripped him away form his friends and family and boredom drove him to start watching baseball. 

Guess what, he likes it.  I'm not going to say that he is some sort of overnight super fan, but you might catch him wearing a SF hat and shooting the shit about the game in the grocery store with fellow fans.  Aww, so cute. 

Well, we talked about going to a game last year and it just didn't work out with all the wedding "to-do's," so this year we made sure to go.  We tried to get tickets to the Boston/Giants game with friends but that didn't work out.  Then we tried to go to an afternoon game on a whim and that didn't work out.

Finally someone with a plan and access to tickets (thanks Shannon) got our asses in gear to choose a date.  The date was set and there was a rumor that we had great seats.  Awesome, I can't wait, I love baseball and 10 dollar beers!

Ryan and Shannon got the ballpark long before I and after denying the Jerry Garcia bobble head because, "my wife doesn't like clutter,"  they wandered about and found their seats.  2 rows from home plate.

Let me say that again, TWO ROWS FROM HOME PLATE.  Even to someone who doesn't like baseball that is amazing.  You literally feel like you are on the field involved in the game.  You are so close you can hear the players drop the F-bomb when they strike out! 

Tons of people texted me saying that they saw me on TV and then Ryan yelled at me because I texted back and I always yell at people on TV for texting during a game.  I'm like what, are you bored, why are you on your phone, you paid good money for those seats!  Yep, I'm a hypocrite.  I was also made aware that it was possible for me to be filmed eating so I was careful to chew with my mouth closed.  Your welcome, mom. 

The game was so much fun. 12 innings, one piece of pizza, 3 beers, a Ghiradelli chocolate sunday and about 200 dollars later we left, all smiles.  It was so fun to see Ryan at his first major league baseball game.  He and the 9 year old kid a few rows over had the same look on their face the entire time.  A look similar to the one I would make if Ben and Jerry were like, "Hey Anne, our ice cream is now calorie free." 

Pure joy






P.S I found out after the game that the amazing seats we had were actually a special treat from a very special lady.   THANKS SO MUCH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear