Good to know

One evening while on our honeymoon in St. Lucia, Ryan and I decided to venture away from the resort and go to a local music festival.  We took a hotel cab there and realized about an hour or so in that we kinda liked life on the resort better.  You know, where you could actually hear yourself think....and booze is free.

So we walked to a nearby hotel and called for a cab to take us back.

At some point during our twenty minute drive back to the hotel, the fact that I don't like ice in my water was brought up by either myself or Ryan, I really can't remember.  I am pretty sure we were talking about strange it was that all week I asked for ice in my water.  That is of course because it melted in 20 seconds anyway and kept the water at least somewhat cooler than the temperature of my own saliva!

Yes, I don't do well in heat

Anyway, the cab driver, who was a rather interesting fellow, starts talking about how I am right not to put ice in my drinks and telling stories about how ice cold beverages are bad for the body and that the elders of the islands don't use ice, etc.  He also informed us that drinking hot tea will cool your body down faster than ice water.  Possibly true cab man, but the last think I want when it is 100 degrees and 87 percent humidity is a cup of HOT TEA!

I can't say the same for the British who drank hot tea every afternoon, although I guess I did partake in an afternoon cappuccino on the beach a time or two.  What were we talking about again, ah yes, ice water.

So the cabby and Ryan are going back and forth, Ryan happens to be a fan of ice in his water, and suddenly cab man looks at Ryan and says, "My grandfather is 84 years old and has an erection harder than mine.  And he never used ice, wouldn't even touch the stuff."

Apparently he credits his strong erection to never using ice

Ryan and I look at each other, both thinking the same thing but not saying it aloud and finally Ryan just says, "Good to know."

Just in case you were wondering what we/I were thinking, it was a little something like this.  Why in the hell would you know ANYTHING about your grandfathers erections!?

Ah, the people you meet in the places you go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear