Next, I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat

A while back, Ryan and I were in the kitchen preparing lunch.  While I chopped vegetables for salad, he was dressing some zucchini for the BBQ.  I watched him as he opened the spice drawer and pulled out the drizzle bottle of olive oil.  He positioned it over the tray of sliced squash and began to drizzle.  About 2 seconds later there was no more drizzle, the bottle was empty. 

I could literally see the wheels turning in his head as he paused and then turned to put the EMPTY bottle back.

Me: "There is a big bottle of olive oil in the pantry if you want to go ahead and refill that before putting it back."

Ryan: "Why would I do that.  If I put it back empty it will magically refill itself."

Me: "You have got to be kidding me, right?"

Ryan: "Nope."

And he put the empty bottle back on the rack and closed the door.

I was completely dumbfounded, really annoyed and also kind of entertained because, well,  IT IS TRUE!  From that moment I was like screw that, I'm not filling that damn bottle.  So for the next couple of days I exclusively used the big bottle for all of my olive oil needs.  I'll admit there were a few mishaps and overdoses but I was determined that HE would refill the stupid drizzle bottle.

Well, while cooking dinner a while ago I, without even thinking, went to grab the drizzle bottle and realized it was empty.  I then proceeded to fill it with olive oil and was nearly half way done before I realized that I had caved, lost, completely failed my own olive oil strike. 

Whatever, I thought, he probably won't even notice that it is refilled. 

Saturday, October 9, 2010.  Ryan opens the fridge for some blue cheese dressing.

Him: "Eww, this dressing is all gross."

AND PUTS IT BACK IN THE FRIDGE!

Me: "You have GOT to be fucking kidding me, you are just going to put it back?"

He smirks and closes the refridgerator door.

I walk over, grab it out of the fridge and toss it into the trash and then, in my MOST condeicending voice say, "OH THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO HARD!"

A minute later I'm dressing the salad with olive oil from the drizzle bottle and he just looks at me and starts to laugh.

Me: "You are such an infant!"


Him:  "See, like magic."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear