But I don't wanna do it

When we are kids it was things like going to bed, going to school, taking a nap or brushing our teeth. As we got older it was getting home by curfew, doing our homework, making our bed or taking out the trash.  Older still and more, I don't want to, followed by guess what, life isn't fair. 

I don't want to go to my college class today, I don't want to pay my cable bill, I dont' want to turn down that 8th shot of Jaggermeister and stop dancing on the bar. Only difference is that as you turned the corner to adulthood, you actually didn't have to because there was nobody there making you. No mom at the edge of the table making you take 5 bites of vegetables. No back up to get your ass out of bed when you hit the snooze again.  You could eat Taco Bell for every meal, EVERY DAY.  So what, I only did it like 4 times, don't judge me! 

Well, guess what, it's true, life is still full of things we don't necessarily want to do and still totally unfair.  Just today I didn't want to walk my dogs, or get out of bed or even make the bed for that matter.  Followed by my wanting to have chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, not work out, not sweep the kitchen floor, not get my lunch packed and damn it, I don't really want to go to work either. 

Amazingly enough, I did all the things I didn't want to do AND had porridge for breakfast.  OK fine, and a bite of a cookie, but it was a small bite.  Tomorrow I will do all the things I don't want to to all over again and the next day and the next along with all of you.  

Some days it is easier than others to get things you don't want to do done, but even on the days when everything is unfair and everyone sucks and I have no cookies to make it better, I look around and I am so grateful that Ryan and I do the things we don't really want to because it is all those things that afford us the things we actually want to do.

Thanks babe, for working so hard for our little family.
We love you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right