Owen James

This week our friends from Santa Rosa came to visit for a few days and brought with them their adorable daughter, a lot of good laughs and...A PUPPY.  Not just any puppy, a Boston Terrier puppy that was so cute I almost tried to keep him.

His name is Owen James and he immediately evoked a, "he's so tiny.   Abner, he's so tiny, why aren't you tiny anymore. Abner, BE TINY."  I imagine it is an experience similar to when your baby is about 6 months old and a friend has a baby and you go visit that baby  and go holy shit, that baby is tiny.  Was my baby ever that tiny?

YES, he was!  And he never will be again and I want to cry about it.  I want to hold him with one arm and squish his puppy wrinkles and smell his puppy breath and...

WHAT?  Owen is pooping?  On the carpet?

I'm SO glad my dog is all grown up.

Internet, especially Suzanne, I give you Owen James

Comments

  1. You mentioned smelling puppy breathe and liking it...who are you and where is Anne that writes this blog .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You got me, I do hate puppy breath but I was so overcome with baby puppy syndrome that I fooled myself into thinking I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....thanks for not calling it to my attention that I said breathe not breath. Tried to fix it but it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never correct someone else's spelling. Why? Because I am a horrid speller!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear