Do you think we should get a bigger can?

When our first wedding gift arrived it felt like Christmas morning.  I opened the box which housed another box which was wrapped in lovely paper only to get to the gift which was lined with more paper and protective cardboard support.  

A moment later I sat with a beautiful 5x7 inch picture frame and a crumpled 5x7 FOOT pile of cardboard and paper.  I then did what any lady would; I put all the cardboard outside for Ryan to collapse and put in our recycling can.

The first couple times he did this with enthusiasm and a smile on is face, but after about a month of breaking down cardboard and systematically filling our small recycling can with equal amounts of wedding cardboard and daily recycling, he started to get a little touchy.  

I'd see him out there, straight edge razor in hand, curing the very maker of cardboard.  Going on little tangents about how much rediculious packaging was needed for towels and how was he ever going to make this fit and what this ever going to end and WHY IS THAT OBNOXIOUS PIG DOG ALWAYS TRYING TO HELP!  And oh god, don't even get my started on the packing peanuts,

Throw an unexpected Kombucha bottle into the mix and he'd completely loose his shit.  

Fortunately for Ryan's sanity, the gifts stopped coming and his straight edge razor got a much deserved rest.  That is until last week when I bought patio furniture and all of his cardboard colored nightmares came flooding back in a brown sea or horror. 

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I came around the corner a few evenings ago to see this going on in our living room.  

THIS is how we handle cardboard now...


Comments

  1. Brillant! Excercise and fun for the dogs plus getting the job done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last big box I had I let Henry take a golf club to. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right