Anyone know how to enter in the state fair?

If you are a regular reader (yes, all three of you) then you know that we have a garden.  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly vegetable gardens grow.  It seems like I check on the zucchini in the morning and they are barely big enough to pick and by nightfall they are HUGE.  How does this happen?

First of all plants kind of freak me out anyway.  I mean how does a seed know to grow into a plant that flowers and produces FOOD.  FOOD THAT WE CAN EAT! 

It really is insane if you think about it.  Or maybe I'm just thinking a bit to much. 

Anyway, Ryan was out back yesterday and all of a sudden I hear, "HOLY SHIT!"  I of course think he is either talking to Abner, getting ready to yell at Abner or has just stepped in Abner's shit because pretty much any time one of us says holy shit Abner is the unholy shit we are refering to. 

But I digress

I walk outside and Ryan is absolutely GLOWING, grinning from ear to ear, and holding a huge mutant zucchini.  This thing was unreal!  We marveled at it for a bit, giggled like we were the sole creators of the very thought of zucchini and then looked at each other and were like, now what do we do with it?

We did what anyone would do.  Took some killer pictures and then let the dog eat it.




Comments

  1. Should I be concerned that Ryan's belt is undone in the middle zucchini picture??? Maybe I don't want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I think I am equally concerned. In part because I didn't even notice until it was pointed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping he wasn't using it as some sort of "measuring" device ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear