Prince and the pea

We finally got our new bed and let me tell you, it is amazing.  I forgot what it felt like not to roll into a hole on my side of the bed or have to get out the rock climbing gear to roll over from said hole and kiss Ryan goodnight. 

Other than the insane comfort level of our bed, one other unexpected surprise was the size of it.  It is HUGE.  I mean I knew we ordered a California King size bed but I never imagined the mattress would be this big.  I could literally crawl in and sleep inside of it and I doubt Ryan would even notice me in there. 

So, while we are sleeping soundly and comfortably, new problems are brewing.  The bed is so high that instead of simply hopping up in the morning when she is allowed, Lilly walks around the bed for twenty minutes ticking her toenails on the hardwood floors until one of us screams, "WE ARE GOING TO PULL YOUR TOENAILS OUT BY THE FUCKING ROOT IF YOU DON'T STOP WALKING AROUND AND GET INTO BED." 

She then freezes, shakes for a minute, jumps in bed and the second she finally get's comfortable our alarm goes off.

Perfect. 

The other problem, that we thought would actually be a blessing, is Abner jumping up on the bed.  We foolishly assumed that he would not be able to get up on our new bed by himself alleviating us of the worry that he was jumping off of the bed; not good for his knees or back.  Well, if I have learned anything from Abner it is NEVER assume anything about him. 

He was up on that bed so fast I thought I was seeing things.  I mean I didn't even get the mattress pad secured and he was up, barking at me like, "Woman, who do you think I am, I can get up on ANYTHING!"

Now the delama of get a ramp/stairs or forbid the dogs on the new bed is in full force.  Wish us luck, we're going to need it. 

The flying Frenchie in "his" bed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear