Feng Shui

I spent most of this weekend in bed which gave me plenty of time to think about how I could rearrange our bedroom. I have never particularly liked how the furniture was arranged, but due to the fact that our bed is a royal pain to move and the other furniture requires “team lifting,” I always put it off. But things can only be put off for so long until a sick, weak, stir crazy lady just can’t take it anymore.

By Sunday morning I was so annoyed with the four walls of my bedroom that I could have screamed. I had to get out. I knew Ryan was pretty keen on me resting one more day so my excuse to get out of the house had to be a good one. Sourdough pancakes at Zachary’s should do the trick. I put on a little blush so I would look slightly better than death and suggested breakfast at his favorite place. He was so excited at the suggestion that the blush turned out to be a complete waste of time. With the enthusiasm of a 5 year old on his birthday, we were off to Santa Cruz.

Ryan: What are you thinking about?

Me: I want to try a science experiment.

Ryan: OK, what is it?

Me: I heard that if you don’t eat the tip of asparagus your pee won’t smell so I want to cook some tomorrow and have you eat the tips and me eat the bottom part and then we can pee and see if it is true.

Ryan: Why do you want me to eat the tips and have smelly pee?

Me: Well, you always get such a kick out of it

Ryan: (giving a look only a loving husband could give a clearly crazy wife) OK let’s try it. What else are you thinking?

Me: When we get home let’s rearrange our bedroom!

Ryan: We’ll see how you are feeling when we get home

Thank goodness for the blush application that has suddenly come in handy.

The moment we arrived home I was on a mission. I knew if I sat down for even a minute I would never get up. I honestly didn’t feel very well but once I get something in my head there is NO stopping me. We spent the next few hours taking apart the tweaked bed frame, shaking out the shag rug, finding a new TV table in the garage and putting the room back together again. I must say I am SO pleased with the result and the rearrangement didn’t cost a dime, in fact I even found money under the nightstand.

This morning we wake up and…

Ryan: How did you sleep in our new room?

Me: Surprisingly well. I think our bed is actually more comfortable on this wall.

Ryan: Oh my gosh, me too!

I was going to attach pictures but I thought it was a little strange to post pictures of my bedroom…what do you think? Should I reconsider? Maybe you should come visit and I’ll show you in person. I have wine...and chocolate…and a French bulldog…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear