So far out of the loop

I go to Target like twice a week, seriously.  Don't judge me!  Okay fine, judge me!  I won't even tell you how often I go to Yougrtland.  Anyway, I was in the dressing room trying on nursing bras (sexy) and working my ass off to distract Caches from the exposed girls when I heard two teen aged sounding young girls come into the room next to me.

They were trying on bathing suits and from the upbeat sound of their chatter they looked a hell of a lot better in a bikini than I do.  I went about my business and just as I was walking out of my room and past theirs I heard one of the girls say to the other, "Oh, you look beast mode!"  Say whaaaa??

Now, I know I've been out of the cool scene for a while, like 30 years to be exact, but what the HELL is beast mode?!  Is this seriously what the kids are saying these days?  And this isn't the first time I've heard the term.  Saying?  Statement?  I have a friend or two who have posted status updates on Facebook referencing beast mode before but I didn't want to make a fool of myself asking what it meant.

So I asked here instead, where I always make a fool of myself anyway.

Okay, I'm not that dumb, I can gather what it means from the context in which I have heard it, but where in the world did it come from!?  Anyone who has been out of the house after 8pm in the last year and a half care to enlighten me?

P.S.  If it's from Twilight, I hate you

Comments

  1. Marshawn Lynch, Buffalo Bill Running Back coined the phrase "beast mode" in an interview during the Nike pre-draft in 2007. It is also now used in SKittles, Mt. Dew and other commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not sure how this applies to Skittles, Mt. Dew or bikinis, but I'm glad to know where it came from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right