A Father's Love

Last year I wrote a bit about what an amazing father I thought Ryan would be; I totally underestimated the love.  If you follow this blog with any sort of consistency, hell even if you have read it once, chances are you know that our son is not the easiest baby and parenthood hasn't been all puppies and ice cream.

I have been meaning to write a post dedicated to Ryan for months, in fact I have no less than 3 started, but I never finished.  Not because I don't know what to say, but because I have too much to say. 

Babe, here's to you for...

Those long nights in the early months when nothing would stop Caches from crying and I felt like a failure because I couldn't soothe my child.  You held me and we cried together.

 

When I ran away from home because I couldn't listen to the screaming anymore you stayed and rocked our baby.  When I came back you didn't judge me, you loved me.



The hours you spent bouncing on the exercise ball, walking the neighborhood, and dancing in the kitchen with your tiny clone crying on your chest.


All the times when I needed a break and without even asking you washed dishes after a 12 hour work day, took the baby so I could nap, or made me laugh when I was about to cry.



The months that you came home to no dinner and a screaming child.  Never once was there a negative word spoken.  You understood.



I wouldn't have made it through this year without you.



The joy in your eyes when your son squeals and reaches for you.


Your bright eyes playing peek a boo...again!



The skateboard rides



The wagon rides
 

The late night talks, early morning meltdowns, endless encouragement, positive attitude, hugs, and love...THE LOVE.


I am overwhelmed by your love.

The memories of this year fill my heart with so much joy.  It has been a rough year, but watching you evolve into the father you are today has been a journey I am blessed to have had a front seat for.

Sometimes when I can't sleep at night, or I'm having a tough time with cranky pants, I think of all the adventures you boys will have in the years to come and I just have to smile.  You make me smile.

A while ago I read a quote, "Never marry a man unless you would want your son to grow up
and be exactly like him."  I would be proud, honored, if your son did. 


Love you infinity, plus one.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear