I'm going to snap...

You all know how much I love repetitive noises such as pen clicking, toe tapping and gum popping, right? In case you don't; I love them almost as much as I love to have a paper cut in between my fingers or perhaps a cavity filled without the use of Novocain. It is the kind of torture I would tell all my secrets to avoid. I would eat mushrooms to avoid these noises!

Anyway, Last night we were watching the PATHETIC Giants vs. Dodgers game and Ryan starts tapping his foot to the "baseball chant" on the coffee table as I am trying to check my email.

I let it go for a while thinking he might stop on his own accord; he didn't. I then let it go for a while longer thinking that I am bitchy and should just get over it. Then, when smoke started coming out of my ears and I began plotting his death, I decided to speak up.

Me: Could you please stop

Him: I am enjoying the game

Me: Can you enjoy the game without the foot tap?

A few moments later the tapping begins again. There are no words, only a dirty look over my shoulder.

Him: What? You can't ridicule me for enjoying the game. I can't help it. I have rhythm!

Me: YOU HAVE RHYTHM? That is your excuse, rhythm?

A few moments pass and AGAIN WITH THE FOOT TAPPING

Me: Now you are just doing that on purpose!

Him: I am not. I AM ENJOYING THE GAME. Maybe you should bring the computer into the office where I can't bother you.

Me: Nah, then I'd have to get up and I'd be lonely in there with nobody to "ridicule."

Him: *sigh

Me: *sigh

A few moments later and THE FUCKING FOOT TAPPING.

Oh how I love him, I really do

Comments

  1. Wow. You're brutal. *Note to self: never tap when visting Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right