Antsy Pants

I do not sit still well, never have, never will. I can’t sit through a movie without shifting positions 30 times or shaking my leg so much that Ryan wants to shoot me just to save himself.

I can’t fall asleep without moving around for an hour because maybe if I just move my middle toe one centimeter to the left I will be more comfortable. Can’t stay in bed and relax because I notice dust on the nightstand and that dust could kill us all if I don’t get up and clean it RIGHT NOW.

My inability to do nothing also makes me a really annoying sick person to everyone but myself. I see nothing wrong with doing everything I would do healthy, sick. I take breaks and sit down when I feel like I’m going to pass out and then complain that I don’t feel good but won’t rest. You know fun stuff like that. I basically do the opposite of what I request of others when they are sick.

I can’t tell you how many times I have heard, “just sit down and relax. Rest!” How am I supposed to relax when there is a pile of dirty towels to be washed and bed sheets to be changed? I can only relax when my own brain allows it, not when I am told to.

This is when I have to go deep and think like a grown up married person, not like an anxiety ridden teenager and LISTEN. This is the advice I give Ryan or my mom or anyone else if they are sick, yet I refuse to take it myself. It is so silly but so hard to break myself of it.

Today I stayed home from work sick and Ryan insisted that I rest. Five minutes later he left to take the dogs to the beach and five minutes and thirty seconds later I got up and changed the sheets, THEN I rested. Baby steps people, baby steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear