clean floors

As I was doing a bit of cleaning today, I decided to write my first "clean floors" post. I don't know about you, but my eyes can focus on the most minuscule dust particle and not one second later I am completely obsessed with cleaning it. I have been known to get up in the middle of a conversation to adjust a crooked picture frame or pick up a single string from the carpet.

Last night I got home at 11:45pm and noticed some crumbs on the kitchen floor. I wish I could say that I ignored them and went to bed but I did not. I busted out the broom and dustpan (would have gotten out the dust-buster, but Ryan was sleeping) and swept the whole kitchen/laundry room. Ah, much better now I can get ready for bed...after I clean the water spots off the bathroom faucet and wipe the food particles from flossing off of the mirror. Just a small note, they are not MY food particles, but I digress.

Where was I going with this post? Ah yes, clean floors. I don't know about you, but I cannot wear socks unless I also have shoes on which means that I am barefoot about 99% of the time. This leads to me finding every single little crumb with my feet, I DETEST finding crumbs with my feet. They get stuck to the skin and you have to stop what you are doing and bend over and brush them off and gross! Needless to say, I do a lot of vacuuming and sweeping. I also used to do quite a bit of mopping. Not the new age swiffer wet jet kind of mopping that not only doesn't work for shit but is toxic to pets and children who walk/crawl on the floor. I mean hands and knees, bucket of warm soapy water, Cinderella style mopping. It really is the only way to actually clean floors, or so I thought.

Internet, let me introduce you to my best friend, the steam mop.

Not only does it clean up all kinds of funk, it also dries floors almost immediately and sanitizes surfaces with nothing but water. That means no chemicals, no hands and knees scrubbing and no drying time. Amazing right? It can't get any better...it is about to. This mop in particular, and quite a few other brands, also come with a sanitizing tray. This enables you to sanitize your carpeted floors (bye bye fleas), sofas, mattresses, and husbands. Kidding...kind of.

Anyway, I typically steam hard floors once a week and carpet and furniture once a month. I think it is a pretty good schedule. I admit sometimes I skip a week here and there, but with 12 paws and 4 feet walking through this house it is bound to ALWAYS be a bit dirty and that's OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear