Chase the Rainbow

I like to decorate for all major holidays; Easter grass, shamrocks, heart shaped thingambobs, faux spiderwebs and ridiculous useless pots of "gold?"  Yes, please!  I'm THAT person.  So when I realized that my Valentine's Day decor was seriously lacking I decided to hit up the after holiday sales.

Unfortunately every other person in town had the same idea leaving only broken heart shaped lollypops, red dye 40 pink cake mix, hideous "gifts" and conversation hearts, in Espanol!  I know there is supposed to be a tilde but I have no clue how to make it happen so we'll just pretend it is there, OK?  Oh, and I totally bought the conversation hearts.  $1.24 a bag and perfect for my empty apothecary jars next year, muy bien!

Later that day I headed out to a birthday party accidentally leaving the bags of conversation hearts low enough for the ever starving, counter surfing Ridgeback.  No bueno!!

She ate an entire bag...AN ENTIRE BAG!  300 conversation hearts down the hatch.  So many letters in her belly that I half expected her to shit me a poem the next morning, but the signs that all those hearts on the inside would soon be outside began to show themselves around bedtime, typical.   Lilly was muy enfermo!

Picture it, I'm laying in bed with my eyes closed trying desperately to get an hour of half ass sleep in before Cache wakes up for a feeding when I hear, "Babe, I think Lilly is going to be sick."

Brilliant...

"Well, lets get her off of the carpet!"

"But her feet will slip."

"Really!!!??? I feel bad for her and I know I am the one that left the candy out, but if she pukes an entire bag of colored hearts on the carpet, I will kill both of you!"

And so we sat in the front room and stared.  We stared in silence as Lilly paced the floor, turning circles and trying to get comfortable.  The poor thing finally lay down only to get up a moment later and projectile vomit a rainbow of gelatin, sugar and food coloring...ON THE RUG!! One small area rug island in a sea of hardwood.  Good aim dog, I don't know why I'm surprised.

And with the vomit cleaned up and my hands washed it was time to cue the crying baby.  Perfecto! Necesito una siesta

Comments

  1. Our dog always manages to puke (or poop) on one of the few rugs we have in our entirely wood and tile floored house too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear