Coffee Talk

Last night during Caches' two hour screaming breakdown, Abner decided to put a cherry on top of our night by pacing the bedroom acting like he was in pain.  Whether it was his back acting up, his ears burning from the screaming, or his tummy hurting because Ryan and I accidentally both fed them, I don't know (by the way they were SO pumped about that little mishap.  Lilly looked at me like this, THIS is how much food I require at every meal!)  but Ryan passed the baby off to me and lay down with Abner in hopes that he would settle and quit shorting and sniffling and waking up the baby! 

Finally everyone fell asleep in some sort of dysfunctional pile of limbs and stayed that way until morning.  When I emerged from the bedroom half alive and cursing the dawn, I made my way to the kitchen for some brains coffee.  There I saw Ryan standing by the coffee pot kind of looking over his shoulder.

"I have poop on my shoulder!"

"Baby or Abner?"

"I don't really know.  Whoever rubbed their butt hole on me last night."

Just like that.  No caps lock, no shocking discovery, no ewww or gross, just poop on the shoulder.  Now some of you may be wondering why we are so calm about poop, and I'll tell you.  It is because Abner has gotten poop on us no less that 50 times in his 3 years without a proper tail.  And while it is still disgusting, after a while the shock of poop on your clothes just kinda fades away. 

That is until three hours later when you decided to hug your sweet husband and find yourself literally face to face with Abner's shit smear.  That was a little shocking.  We typically change our poop clothes straight away.

Comments

  1. thank GOD Jack has a lid!! And I too have experienced the Abner poop clothing incident and have only been around him a handful of times :P t's to be expected. someone should invent doggie lid prosthetics, they have neuticles after all.

    http://www.neuticles.com/

    funny post to start the week. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

Wanderlust