B.B Round 3

Don't you just love when I blog about belly buttons?!  Good, cause here goes another one.  You will recall that Caches had a minor umbilical hernia that was supposed to clear up on its own and not cause me to hold back vomit with each diaper change.  Well, surprise, surprise, it didn't.  It started oozing instead...yummy. 

So at his 2 month Dr. appointment the doctor performed a procedure that brought on EPIC tears of hysteria but was supposedly painless.   Dramatic baby or lying Dr.?  Probably a bit of both, but I digress.  He swirled a bunch of silver nitrate around the small hernia which in turn cauterized it and caused it to look like this... 


By the way, this picture does not do the black tar belly button justice.  

Anyway, the next morning I'm changing his diaper and notice a black chunk in there.  In my sleep deprived state I panic that it is a smashed spider or a hard nugget of poop or who the hell knows what else.  So what do I do?  I pick it up of course.  And before I can tell myself what a bad idea that is, I realize that it is the shriveled up, blackened piece of belly button overgrowth!!  Oh my god it was worse than when I had to cut off the umbilical cord with cuticle scissors. 

I am happy to report that now, after almost 9 weeks of life, he FINALLY has a cute baby bell button. 
Caches, please let this be the last of our belly button drama.  Mama can't take anymore!

Comments

  1. hahaha! just your luck. post a pic of his cute belly button :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear