The Monster Inside

I'm not going to lie, I am honestly kind of surprised how many people are offended by my calling our unborn child "it."  I mean, what else am I going to call it?  See, there I go again.

As you already know, we aren't finding out the sex of our baby.  But what you may or may not know is that I am not to keen on cutesy little names for things like unborn babies or your husbands penis.  My dog may have 28 nicknames, but he is alive and breathing and earned every one.

At first I didn't want to call it anything because I was afraid to get attached.  Well, I got attached anyway in about 25 seconds, but still didn't really call it anything.  For a moment I suggested we call it Baby X but Ryan thought that was too hardcore and opted for Baby Z.  It never stuck; It stuck.

And I can't tell you how many disgusted or disappointed looks I get from women when I tell them that we aren't finding out the sex of the baby.  "But what are you going to call it?" they ask in a concerned tone.  "Uh, I call it It."  Trying to hold their composure, their eyes bulging with surprise.  "Just It?"

Yep

After asking me if I was having a boy or a girl and responding that I didn't know, one woman told me, "You just have to find out the sex!  That baby needs a name!?"  OK, I'll get right on that.  My husband and I will just forgo our whole surprise and excitement and name the unborn child so that you can sleep better at night.
Thank you so much for your input, I had no idea that not naming our baby while it was still in the womb could be so detrimental to its development.  

While getting a massage today, the masseuse was working oh my hips and...

"Oh, I think I feel his or her head or bottom over here"

"Yeah, sometimes I can feel it really sticking out. It is so strange"

"So are you having a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know.  We aren't finding out"

"But what are you going to call him, I mean the baby"

"Um, I call it it"

"You call your baby it?"

"Yeah, like Cousin It"

Silence...

Someone call the baby police.  This woman is an unfit mother!  I wonder what she would have thought if I told her that sometimes I call it an Alien or The Monster Inside!

Horrors!

Seriously though, my sarcasm is probably going to land me in a scenario like this...

"Oh here comes that baby.  It has so much hair!"

PUSH

"Congratulations, here is your brand new baby It"

Comments

  1. Love your independent spirit and sense of humor who cares what people think.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right