Creamsicle

Everyone loves a creamsicle.  Fresh, bright citrus on the outside and smooth, creamy ice cream on the inside.  It's just one of those perfect food combinations, like peanut butter and chocolate. And while I do love a creamsicle, I never imagined I would be obsessing over the color of the frozen delight rather than the treat itself, but here I am, or there I was, in search for the perfect orange.

First of all, I don't even like the color orange...or red or yellow, way too bright and cheerful.  But for some strange reason when deciding on colors for the nursery I was immediately drawn to orange.  Not traffic cone orange or even the true color or a proper orange, but the cool, delicious, impossibly artificial color or a creamsicle.

Now, before you think I have officially gone off the deep end, no, I didn't make Ryan repaint the walls orange. OK, now that that's out of the way...

Having never looked for anything orange before, remember, I don't like the color, I ignorantly assumed it would be as easy as walking in, selecting the perfect color and getting on with painting.  Wrong.  I must have grabbed 30 paint chips from 5 different stores that day alone.

Unfortunately none of them was quite perfect, so back to the store again to collect even more paint chips.  I even scanned the spray paint section which to my surprise only had one choice, traffic cone orange.  Might come in handy if I were painting lines on the cement out back, but not so appealing for a nursery.

Overwhelmed, I began the process of rifling through all the paint chips I had collected.  Colors were flying, many duplicates were discarded and a few close matches survived.  I even contemplated going to the grocery store to buy some creamsicles so I could match the color perfectly, but decided against it.  I mean that would be crazy, right?

Finally I chose a color that I felt matched what I envisioned and Ryan and I were off to the store.

Why do I keep saying "the store?"  I'm sure you know what store I am talking about and it's not like their lawyers read my blog and are going to sue me for not asking for permission to use their name, HOME DEPOT damn it.  We went to Home Depot AGAIN!  Dealt with the parade of idiots that work at Home Depot AGAIN!  Waited forever to be helped by employees that don't know shit about anything AGAIN!

Phew

So, we are at Home Depot and I'm feeling good.  I am not going to let that unattended kid swinging the shovel in the aisle bother me, I'm on a mission, I'm going to get this paint and it is going to be the perfect paint and the project is going to paint itself and... I spot two little boys whispering and kind of pushing each other.  One of them must have been about 6 or 7 and the other one about 4.

They catch my eye so I watch them and soon realize that the younger boy has his pants undone and is walking over to the display toilet to have a pee pee, his little weinner is out and everything!  The older brother is trying to tell him that he can't pee there but he doesn't care.  He is dead set on using that display toilet.

He walks up to it, lifts the lid and just as he is about to relieve himself his dad notices what is happening and grabs his arm gasping, "Diego, NO!"

I'm pretty sure a little bit of pee pee snuck out into that display toilet, but I'm also pretty sure that this wasn't the first time that has happened.  You surround kids and/or drunk men begrudgingly doing honey do lists with toilets and someone is bound to pee.

My take away parent note of the day.  If you have a newly potty trained toddler/child surrounded by potties, keep a close watch or sew their fly shut!



Here is a sneak peek of the dresser getting covered in creamsicle orange.  Delicious.

Comments

  1. Orange and green were Gina's colors and she is brilliant the colors were chosen because studies showed that they were stimulating for infants brains....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear