At the top of my list

(and the list is looong)
of things that annoy me.

Those stickers that depict each family member as a stick figure, Mickey Mouse ear wearing stick figure or sport of choice attire wearing stick figure. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I DON’T CARE how many children you have, their names and/or their favorite activity. Today I actually saw a bumper sticker that said,” CAUTION twin babies and a big sister on board!” CAUTION? WHY? What are your children going to do? Is the big sister going to throw the twins out the window? Do I need to look out for cheerios flying out of your window as I pass? Who the hell came up with these anyway?

Perhaps some parent was bummed that their child never got a “perfect attendance or “my child is an honor student of…” sticker so they decided to invent a new way to brag to STRANGERS minding their own business. The only thing more annoying than the family stick figure stickers is the unmistakable baby on board, bright yellow caution sign suction cupped to the window.

“Oh I’m sorry sir, I didn’t see your baby on board sticker, had I seen it I surely would have used my emergency baby on board breaks to avoid a crash.”

“Oh thank you for the caution sign, I would have never known you had a child in your car. The car seat and the suction cup window shade wasn’t a dead give away.”

“Oh my god, look over there. That couple has a baby on board. Let’s catch up and signal for them to pull over so we can chat about how cute their baby is and what sport attire his or her future stick figure sticker will wear.”

Is this the kind of thing these people want to happen? I mean come on, NOBODY CARES. The only time I care weather or not a stranger has a child is if it is crying next to me on the airplane. Perhaps the makers of the baby on board signs could partner up with airlines so the next time I choose my seat I am forewarned; now THAT, I’d care to see.

*the one exception to my sticker hating is the sticker that tells me what kind of dog you have. I happen to care if you have a dog and love it enough to sport a sticker

Comments

  1. OK! now you gave me some GREAT ideas of how to decorate your car at your first baby shower! I can see it now........ bwah ha ha haaaaaa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right