Snake Eyes

This past weekend, my cousin, her BFF and her BFF’s two cousins went to Tahoe for a little girl’s trip. Now before you comment on my use of BFF, you should know that I HATE internet abbreviations but that is what Jenny calls her so in this case, and ONLY this case, it is a proper name, not an abbreviation and I will allow it. Moving on.

We left Friday morning and we were all so excited to get away. It was like we were all 5 years old and we were going to Disneyland for the first time. I think we all needed it. Some of us more than others, but I digress.

I went into this trip almost completely blind; on purpose of course. I wanted to go and have absolutely no control over what we did, where we stayed, who else was coming, where we were eating, etc. I knew if I knew all the details I would worry about it and be stressed out before we even left. Knowing nothing was actually kind of fun. I won’t get used to it of course, I am most definitely a DETAIL NEED TO KNOWER/PLANNER, but in this case, it was nice.

Our dive was fun and full of snacks including a Taco Bell pit stop which resulted in most of us having multiple “pit stops” later that evening, if you know what I mean. I used to eat Taco Bell quite a bit in college but it has since turned its back on me. I don’t blame it really. I turned my back on it first, but a bean burrito just isn’t the same if you aren’t wasted at 3am twice a week. My mom just read that and thought to herself, “what a good use of college money, Anne. Booze and Taco Bell.”

That last statement just reminded me of a story. Once, when living in LA I had a late night Taco Bell moment but all I had for payment was my credit card that was for “emergency use only.” You know, the one where the bill goes to mom and dad’s house so it better come with an explanation. Well, I get a call one day asking how in the hell I managed to spend 10 dollars at Taco Bell? Booze! Suddenly this is a Taco Bell post and that is SO not the direction I wanted to go.

Back to Tahoe. We had an amazing time. We took tequila shots, ate amazing food, danced the night away, lounged by the pool, got a tan...just seeing if you are paying attention, and totally got hit on all night long. THAT is where this post was originally going. Boys/men, listen up.

Now, I have never really been, “in the game.” Even when I was single I gave the don’t fucking talk to me I’m busy look all night long, but I have been out quite a bit and been a wing woman from time to time and I must say, some things never change. The parade of douche bags that is. I mean seriously LAME. If you are at a bachelor party and one person out of the ten of you walks over and asks US to come talk to your boys…LAME. If you want to talk then YOU have to come to us. Same goes for dancing. If you want to dance with a group of girls then do it, don’t ask if they want to dance with you because they DON’T.

Also, if you see me across the bar and decided to make your drunken “move” do not, I repeat do not come over and sing Hero in my ear. I mean seriously boy at the Harris bar, if you are out there, NEVER DO THAT AGAIN, EVER! Additionally, if you choose to buy a girl a shot do not expect anything in return. It is your choice and maybe, if you are really lucky or she is really drunk you might get some action out of it, but 9 times out of 10 you won’t, get over it.

There is nothing worse than having someone come back 15 minutes later bitching that you never came and danced with them and won’t go to their “cabin party.” Oh, I’m sorry, yes, you did buy me that 5 dollar shot and I do owe you and there is nothing I’d rather do than drive to a complete stranger’s house at 1am. You have got to be kidding me boys, does this really work?

Anyway, it was a great weekend get away sprinkled with lots of laughs, beautiful mountains and some good old fashioned girl talk.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right