25 Months

Caches, I think this past month has been our best yet.  Your vocabulary has exploded and you are becoming a regular mocking bird.  Just this morning, as your dad was leaving for work, he looked back and said, "See ya dude."  Your eyes lit up and with a huge grin you repeated back, "See ya duuuude!"  I love hearing all your new words and your ability to string them together into sentences.  You still struggle with telling me what you want or need, but it is getting so much easier.  Baby, I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

You still absolutely love music, and you are now requesting songs by name. If you want to hear a specific song in the car you have no problem telling me about it, and are equally enthusiastic if you don't want to hear a song I have chosen.  And baby, you have started to sing!  It is magical and beautiful and I can't wait to hear more.  Last week I was dusting the bedside table in the guest room when you discovered a little candle.  You gasped, looked it over, and after you blew out the faux flame, you began to sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself.  And I died.



You have truly embraced the all mighty and powerful, right of passage as a two year old word, "NO!"   I know you are simply demonstrating your ever growing independence and that you don't mean no every time you say it.  I know this because you recently told me, NO! You didn't want any of my ice cream. Haha, yeah right!  And so your assertive "no" is often ignored.  Sorry dude, but I have your number on that one.

This month you have also begun imaginative play.  You always enjoyed manipulating toys and games, but now you are really playing.  You love to line up your horses and feed them bites of your apple while you neigh for them in delight.  After they are fed you put them night night in the barn and offer them marbles or pieces of paper for comfort.  Caches, you love horses!  You have also taken a liking to holding, kissing, hugging and wrapping up your baby doll, your stuffed animals and Abner.  Guess who likes it the least?  But your Abner holds still as you cover him with blankets, kiss his face and squeal with glee when his whiskers tickle your face.  You are so lucky to have these dogs.



And just in case I had forgotten that you are now two, you have decided that NO food shall be cut, NO shoe shall be put on, NO body part shall be touched, NO help may be offered, NO cracker may be broken and NO water will touch your head unless explicitly requested by your highness!!!  NO, NADA, NONE!  The other day you nearly melted into the ground a la wicked witch of the west when I cut the pancake that you asked me to cut!  Now I make sure to ask if you understand what cutting means and if you are suuuure you want it cut.



You usually don't

Caches, you are discovering so much about your ever expanding world.  I understand that it can be exciting and fun, but I also know that it can be scary, overwhelming and incredibly frustrating.   And though you seem so much older these past few months, you are still very much a baby who needs a soft place to fall.  So run, jump, play, and explore.  You are learning.  Fall down, get angry, feel sad, and cry.  Beam with pride and struggle with frustration.  You are growing.  Do everything your heart desires knowing that when you need me, I will be here.  I will be here with outstretched arms anticipating the increasing weight of your head on my shoulder and the smell of eternal sunshine wafting from your hair.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear