Pumpkin head

Last year around this time Caches was a hot mess of screaming torture.  I'm kind of a dork, okay a huge dork who looks forward to every little tradition of every single holiday.  I distinctly remember last year being so excited to carve pumpkins for the first time as a family only to have him fuss and cry the whole time.  "Look baby, pumpkin seeds!"  "Look baby, pumpkin guts!  Isn't this super cool?"  His response?  Fuck you AND your stupid pumpkin and put me back in the womb!

And if I could have, I WOULD have!

This year he still wasn't all that interested in the pumpkin guts like I'd hoped, but the seeds, OBSESSED!  He was "cooking" them, sniffing them, throwing them around, stirring, playing, feeding them to the dog, licking and loving them.  Only problem was that I kinda wanted to save them to roast.  Details.  So I picked them up in their sliminess, washed off the dirt and dog spit and roasted those suckers!

But wow, what a difference a year makes.  It was fun!  There were no tears, no screaming, and no crying.  Sure, there was some why can't I hold the knife attitude, but I can handle attitude.  Ryan and I reminisced for a moment about this time last year and how difficult it was for everyone.  I agreed that it was ridiculous and emotional and HORRIBLE.  Then he asked me if I really remembered.  Dude, you don't just forget that shit. I was and will forever be traumatized.  I will never, ever, EVER in my life forget those first six month.

E V E R

At least now though I don't want to punch all the people who promised me it would get better.  Because it has, and it gets better every day.

Here is the pumpkin man in all his seed sorting glory






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear