A step back?

Baby Center, The Bump, a friend, and two strangers have recently warned me of the dreaded 18 month sleep regression.  "It's like the 4 month regression on steroids,"  I was warned.  Keep calm though, is only a phase!  "My baby was back to her normal 12 hours a night in a few weeks."  Oh thank goodness.  Whew.  I'm so happy for you, sweet nosy stranger. 

Oh generic grouping of all babies in one category internet websites.  Oh parents of children who have EVER slept well.  I, for once, don't have the problem, YOU DO!

HA!  

Because in order for a regression to take place, first sleep in a long, delicious stretch would have to exist.  And it did for you, and that's wonderful, but for once I win.  I WIN.  Because you were all, oh I have it figured out, my kid sleeps so well, pat yourself on the back, and then BAM your kid won't sleep and you panic.  And I don't blame you.  Your glorious 12 hours of sleep is slowly slipping away and there is nothing you can do about it.  I feel sad for you, I really do.  You were actually used to sleeping, and you were terrified that it  was going to be taken from you.

I, on the other hand, have not a care in the world in regard to this alleged sleep regression.  I could give a shit if my kids sleep "regresses" at 18 months.  What is he going to do?  Fight me at bedtime? Wake up often through the night?  Fight naps?  Karate kick me in the throat?  Umm, done and DONE.  So what you are really telling me internet websites and strangers?  Are you telling me that for the past 16 months we have been having the 18 month sleep regression?

Well then, the way I see it we should be just about done then, shouldn't  we. 


Ridgeback sleeps...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

Wanderlust