9 Months

Caches Michael,

Today you are nine months old.  Holy cow, that means you have been outside of my body almost as long as you were inside (five days past your eviction day thankyouverymuch) and I think you are FINALLY starting to get the hang of this whole living on planet earth thing. 

You now smile brightly when you see someone you know and even at friendly strangers and other children.  Caches, we waited a LONG time for that smile to spread easily across your face, and now that it does, I simply can not get enough of it.  I'd stare at your smile all day if I could, baby.  You even have two little crooked teeth that peek out from your bottom gums, and by the amount of fuss they caused coming out, I assume they are made of flaming hot daggers; they are sharp!



You still absolutely refuse to even TRY crawling and when you end up on your belly you raise all your limbs as if you are free falling or balancing on a surf board.  Sometimes you will do baby push ups or raise your butt in the air for a bit, but usually you just get pissed off and want me to help you stand.  Caches, if you are not in arms you are standing.



You can now stand completely unassisted for many seconds and even bend over to pick up toys and stand up again.  You pull up on anything and everything in .3 seconds and you cruise around coffee tables, chairs, couches, legs and unsuspecting dogs.  The world is your, "I'm going to walk, dammit" playground, and I have a feeling you are going to pick it up any day now.

Unfortunately you are currently on a sleeping strike and when I tried to cross the picket line I was spat on and screamed at.  Apparently your cause is a strong one.  I have no idea why you are so wakeful or what kind of exciting things you think are happening at all hours of the night that you want to be a part of, but you don't back down easily.  I think perhaps you would rather be practicing walking and see sleep as merely an inconvenience that cuts down on your work.  Whatever your reason for fighting off sleep, I sincerely hope your don't carry this habit with your into adulthood.  Lack of sleep can make a person crazy, I KNOW!



Our relationship isn't quite like any other mama and baby around.  We have a special little thing going on that is just between you and I.  Understanding you is kind of like figuring out a secret handshake to get into the most exclusive underground club and I am FINALLY gaining access!!  You demand and expect me to figure out what you want and due to your persistence you give me plenty of opportunities to guess.  And while I want you to grow and connect to others, I have a feeling that no matter how far you are from me, I will always know your secrets. 

Caches, I almost feel as if I too were born just nine moths ago.  Reborn I guess would be more accurate, but who's counting.  Nine months ago I was woman, today I am a mother.  Thank you baby, for making me a mama,

Love............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear