A new refrigerator

As I mentioned in a previous post, we were without a refrigerator for about 8 days. Well, to be completely honest, we did have a refrigerator, but it was about the size of a 24 pack of beer and that is about all that was inside. I never realized how essential this appliance is to modern living. Do we chill the beer, the water or some food? Is it ok to leave almond butter out of the fridge for a week and then put it back in? Who knows, but the giant hole in our kitchen is filled, by a centimeter, and we couldn't be happier. Well, that is another lie, I would be happier if it wasn't stainless steel; quite possibly the most deceiving name for an appliance finish ever created. "STAINLESS STEEL," are you kidding me! If you are a person who lives alone and wears little white cotton gloves at all time then it may stay stainless, but if you are a somewhat normal person with dogs and a husband and FINGERPRINTS then stay away, far away from "stainless" appliances. If I had to guess, a good 10 minutes of my day, every day, is spent polishing stainless appliances. These are 10 minutes that I could be vacuuming dog hair, contemplating why I always forget things or finding a cure for dog flatulence!
Fingerprints aside, our kitchen is beautiful and I am so thankful to Sears and my mama for making it happen. Now off to put something more nutritious than pickles, beer and some strange smelling cheese in the fridge.

The tiny fridge I used to house beer in college

The huge hole just waiting...

Our new refrigerator! AHH horror of horrors...can you see those smudges?! and I just cleaned it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

Wanderlust

You're kidding, right