Groan, moan, whine...

I wrote this around 9/10 weeks at the height of my feeling grossness and added the last few bits just now.

My pregnancy with Caches couldn't have been easier.  I suffered from none of the typical pregnancy related complaints.  No morning sickness, no nausea, no food aversions, no constipation, no aches and pains, no acid reflux, no exhaustion, no swelling, no nothing!  Other than a stuffy nose and gaining 30 pounds I pretty much didn't even notice I was pregnant.  Even nearly a week past my due date I was relatively comfortable, physically that is, mentally I was a fucking nightmare.

This pregnancy on the other hand, I surrender, I give up, I'm a mess.  It all started out okay, but it went downhill fast around week 7.  I started out feeling just a little bit off, not really able to eat anything past 5pm and feeling extra tired, and morphed into a miserable, grumpy lump on the sofa whining because not even ice cream sounded good.  I wanted to vomit all day but never actually had the urge to do it.  I woke up every single morning feeling like I had binged on Jagermeister and jello shots the night before.  My hips and back began to ache around week 8 and have only gotten more uncomfortable since.  

My boobs are so sore that even looking at them the wrong way can cause me to wince in pain let alone a gymnastic toddler trying to nurse.  My brain might as well not even exist with how forgetful I am, my joints already feel stiff and achy, my face is a connect the dot poster of pimples, my stomach and nipples have decided to sprout random black hairs overnight, and I haven't taken a decent shit in weeks!  I have never in my entire life been constipated until now and it is seriously the lamest thing ever.  An evil waiting game that likes to fuck with you and waste a lot of your time.  

In short, the first part of this pregnancy sucked.  And I think my uncertainty about everything turning out okay and constant worry about another miscarriage only added fuel to the fire.  I am happy to report that I am mostly feeling back to myself again at 18 weeks along.  That is if myself includes the circulation being cut off by my jeans and envying Caches' bowel movements.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear