The Woman in Black

I love to wear black, in fact, I am wearing an all black get up right now.  I'm not quite sure why, but I have always favored the color.  When I walk into a store I am immediately drawn to black items.  Black shirts, black jackets, black shoes, black underwear, black heart.  Just saying.

All the fashionistas on television say that people who wear black are hiding something, afraid to draw attention to themselves, just wanting to fade into the background.  While that is true of me on some occasions, I would not say that it accurately describes why I like to wear black. 

Regardless, I have been fighting this affliction for some time now, trying to purchase bright, cheerful colors to mix into my wardrobe.  I'll want the black one, but buy the pretty green one instead only to have it end up in the same place, the back of the closet. 

I have decided that I am over it, done, sick of wasting money; I am black inside and out.  I'll mix it up with gray or white and maybe even some darker colors if you are lucky, but lets just get it out on the table so there is no further discussion.  I like black, not because it is slimming though that doesn't hurt it's case. 

Check out the legend Johnny Cash singing Man In Black.  He says it far better than I ever could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

To Make Things Clear