It can't be...

It can NOT have been almost a month since I have written?!  Yep, it is.  Shit.  Okay.

I'm trying to decide whether to dedicate this post to a champagne hangover worthy pity party or an update on the wonderful, fun and unexpected things that have happened while I've been "away."

What was that?  You love self pity?  Me too?

*sips champagne*  Where shall I begin...

The week leading up to Thanksgiving Caches and I were both sick with a minor cold.  Not a huge deal, but it was the first time I had been sick since I was pregnant and let me just say for the record that  it is NOT fair to be sick at the same time as your baby!  It wasn't too bad though and we lived to make and enjoy yummy food for the fun family holiday.  I'll post pictures when I decide to write the good things post, this is about pity...mine.

The week after Thanksgiving I am not quite sure what the hell I was doing, but obviously it wasn't writing.

Okay, fast forward to last Sunday, not yesterday, and Cache has a fever.  Fuck. It is low and he is drooling like a crazy and chewing his finger so I hope it is teething.  Okay, he is teething his molars, but he is also really and I mean REALLY bummed!  He is an emotional kid, and an epic piece of shit sleeper, but this was/is nuts, even for him.  The NEIGHBORS could hear him screaming at night!  Yeah, absorb that.

A few days later I notice a blister on the tip of his tongue...and then some on his inner cheeks. Ahh, a doctors appointment confirms that it is a virus that is quite painful but not serious and should clear up soon.  Okay, I can deal with that.

But now MY throat hurts...I better not have a flippin' mouth blister virus, kid! 

Friday and my throat still hurts.  Handy flashlight app on my phone and a mirror show white spots on my tonsils.  Damn it!!  I make a doctors apt for myself hoping that I don't have strep.  Nope, not strep...mono.  Yep, high school, kissing disease, could fall asleep standing up mono.  Perfect.

Doctor wants me to rest as much as possible, sleep extra hours when I can, no unnecessary lifting, and the list goes on.  Um, doctor...not happening.  I have a toddler.  A sick toddler.  A sick toddler who is up even more than usual through the night.  A sick toddler who must be held and picked up all day long.  A sick toddler who refuses the pacifier and is determined to torture me with hours of nursing.  A sick toddler who doesn't give a shit if I have mono or an inflamed spleen.  He has his own needs damn it.

When do kids develop empathy?

Sigh.  So I have been holding him for his daily nap in hopes that it will force me to rest and going to bed early because a sick Caches will NOT be put down twice and a sick mama has no fight left to try.  These are basically the only times I have to write and I'm holding a kid so...no writing.

Now yesterday, just when I thought things were looking up, Caches has a fever AGAIN.  This poor kid can't catch a break.  I hate when he is sick!  And even though I am usually against medicine and hold off on giving him anything, this week Advil is MY BEST FRIEND!!  He has had more Advil this week than his entire life combined.  Judge away...

Oh, and because no post is complete without vomit, yesterday Lilly decided to eat an entire pound of almonds while we were out and was sick all last night.  It went a little like this.  Baby scream, Lilly puke, Abner snore, mama cry, repeat...repeat...repeat

Was that a fun party everyone?  Can I have some of your champagne?  No, don't want my disease...fine.  Thanks for listening 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

Wanderlust