Abner's First Birthday

What is a bride to do 3 days before her wedding? Get last minute details in order? no...Throw a first birthday party for her puppy? of course!
It has been just shy of one year since I became a proud mom to the most unique creature I named Abner. In this short year he has cheated death, more than quadrupled in weight, eaten countless mystery objects, passed enough gas to contribute to global warming, kept me up many nights snoring, caused me countless amounts of stress and brought me more joy than I ever imagined a puppy could. I have known hundreds of dogs in my life but I have never met one quite as odd as Abner. Those who know him personally know exactly what I am talking about and those who have never met him have NO idea how strange he really is. I could literally rent him out for entertainment purposes he is so weird, but I wouldn't change him for the world. He adds a certain flair to my life and makes me smile and laugh more than anyone else can. I know, I know you think I am crazy, and I am. I would never deny the unhealthy obsession I have with my animals but I think I am a better person for it. So here's to many MANY more years with Abner and his crazy antics. We love you you little frog/wombat/monkey/pig/seal creature that vaguely resembles a dog.


Playing with Seamus

Checking out some of his gifts

Admiring the table decor.

Posing for a picture.

The cake table. There was a human cake with ice cream and a doggy cake with ice cream. We already established I am crazy right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

You're kidding, right

Wanderlust