Officially old...

Remember being a kid and spending hours planning, organizing and executing the perfect Christmas wish list?  Okay, maybe I was the only kid who was this OCD about the whole thing, but I totally remember carefully thumbing through catalogs, no such thing as the internet folks, and marking items I wanted.  We would peruse the toy store and I'd take metal notes of things to write down, I'd play with something at a friends house and add it to my list.  The whole things was a big deal and in the end I'd have a list complete with item, location, cost and order or how badly I wanted it.

Slowly though, years passed and it became less and less of a project and more like scrambling to come up with a few things that I actually wanted at the last minute.  Honestly, and also tacky as hell, I just wanted money so I could buy things I wanted as I came across them during the year.

I am now at a point where the whole wish list seems almost wrong.  I don't "need" anything, and I honestly don't even want anything.  Well, nothing that a person would actually consider a Christmas gift.  My list would look like someones shopping list for a hippy grocery store or a flea market.  A few kitchen appliances, some vintage decor and a margarita strong enough to get me buzzed just smelling it sounds good to me.

I do look forward to Caches making a list and really, truly wanting something for a good long time only to find it under the tree.  The magic and excitement of Christmas gift giving will forever live on with our children.  His little face, I can't wait to see his little face.

*not this year though.  He is still more interested in unwrapping and playing with boxes than he is with actual gifts.  Which is why Ryan and I bought him nothing, yep, nothing.  Oh call CPS on me, the kid has grandparents and I just bought him new underwear yesterday.

Ho, Ho, Ho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Klean n' Shine

To Make Things Clear

You're kidding, right